Newman Roofing, Central Ohio’s most reputable roofing contractor, is looking for a positive, highly organized Operations Assistant to work with our Operations Manager and other personnel to help keep the business running smoothly. We are looking for someone who can work independently to perform various operations and warehouse management responsibilities while maintaining the ethics and integrity established by our company. If you’re looking for fulfilling work with a great company, competitive pay, and opportunities for growth, this is the career for you.
- Assist Operations Manager with administrative tasks related to job scheduling, job costing, AP/AR, purchasing, inventory management/tracking, and accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain and organize various reports, lists and file directories to ensure ease-of-access/use
- Setup jobs within our system, process purchase orders for material vendors and subcontractors, obtain building permits, and process projects for the production team and Operations Manager
- Responsible for organizing and processing vendor invoices and other financial records
- Responsible for organizing and tracking material inventory
- Provide general clerical assistance including filing, scanning, faxing, copying and data-entry as required
- High energy team player with upbeat, positive attitude
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Self-starter with ability to multitask and prioritize work with minimal direction
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when problems arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer and typing skills, ability to use Windows hotkeys, 50+ words-per-minute minimum (typing test required during the interview process)
- Proficiency in Google Docs and/or Microsoft Office and a strong understanding of spreadsheets
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. computers, phones, fax machines, and printers)
- Must be able to lift 50lbs-100lbs for 50yds -100yds on occasion
- Forklift operators license is a plus
- High school degree; college education and/or experience in the Construction Industry or Warehouse Management is a plus
What Does an Operations Assistant at Newman Roofing do?
As our Operations Assistant, your primary focus will be assisting the Operations Manager, Office Manager, Production Team and other personnel with a variety of tasks that help the business run smoothly on a day-to-day basis including data entry, material purchasing, inventory management and AP/AR support. You’ll also be responsible for tracking job progress and ensuring necessary steps are happening in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of teamwork.
What We’re Offering:
Competitive compensation and benefits package including health insurance, matching 401(k) and paid time off. This position also offers great potential for advancement within our company. Starting pay will range from $14.00-$16.00 per hour and is negotiable depending on experience.
Here at Newman Roofing, we are quality driven and family oriented . We treat all of our team members with respect and appreciation. Your hard work will not go unnoticed and you will feel like an important part of our team. If you are interested in learning more about this career opportunity, please contact us today.
About The Owner
Tim Newman started Newman Roofing Company back in 1992 and has served the greater Columbus area and surrounding Central Ohio neighborhoods for over 25 years. Tim is known in the industry for his strong work ethic, honesty and professionalism. Tim’s roots are in roofing, following in the path of his father who was a roofing contractor for over 30 years. To learn more about Tim, check out his Q&A with Roofing Contractor Magazine.